I love to involve the kids in the kitchen, not just when we make sweet things but also preparing the evening meal. Last night we made pizza which is a family favorite and the little one put his creative input into decorating the top - hence a monster faced pizza.
Basic pizza dough recipe
400g strong white flour
7g sachet of fast action dried yeast
300ml of warm water
- Stir the yeast into the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the warm water.
- The mixture will look like it's too wet and you may be tempted to add extra flour but that is when you end up with too hard dough. The wetter the better in this case.
- Lightly flour the work surface and knead the dough for around 10 minutes - you will find the dough becomes less sticky as the gluten stretches and activates.
- Grease the mixing bowl with some olive oil and roll the ball of dough in it
- Cover loosely with cling film and leave to rise somewhere warm.
|My favorite place to leave the dough to rise|
For a about an hour - or longer if you have the time.
It's now ready to press out and top with whatever you desire on your pizza.
|William's monster face pizza|