Recipe for Blueberry bread and butter pudding
12 slices of white bread with the crusts cut off
85g frozen blueberries
125g demerara sugar
150ml double cream
- Spread each slice of bread with margarine.
- Cut the slices diagonally and arrange half overlapping in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, margarine side down.
- Sprinkle over half the sugar and the frozen blueberries.
- Top with the remaining triangles of bread, margarine side up.
- Beat the eggs, milk and cream together and pour over the bread.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the sugar.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for about an hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180c gas mark 4 for 40 minutes until set and golden brown.