Loads of milk and eggs in the fridge last night so decided to whip up one of my childhood favourites Not too sweet with a great wobble that all kids love.
|Egg custard tart recipe|
Egg custard tart
Here is the recipe for Egg Custard Tart.
100g short crust pastry either home-made or shop bought
3 tbsps of caster sugar
250 ml milk
50 ml double cream. (you can omit this and just use 300 ml of milk if you prefer)
pinch of nutmeg.
You will also need a 7'' flan tin.
- Preheat oven to 180 c gas mark 4
- Line a 7'' flan tin with the shortcrust pastry.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug
- Heat the milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan until just boiling, pour onto the eggs and whisk.
- Leave to cool.
- Once cooled strain into the flan case
- Add a pinch of nutmeg to the top
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minute or until set.