|Tasty Thursday #1 - recipe for Apple, blueberry and cranberry cobbler|
Apple, blueberry and cranberry cobbler
3 cooking apples
150 g blueberries
150 g cranberries
60 g brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
juice of one lemon
250 g self raising flour
60 g butter
90 g sugar
90 ml milk
- Peel and chop the apples, put in a saucepan with the cranberries, blueberries, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Cover and simmer gently for 10 -15 minutes
- Transfer to an oven proof dish
- Leave to cool
- To make the cobbler topping, rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs, add the sugar and milk and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out to 1 cm thickness and cut out six rounds.
- Place the shapes on top of the fruit.
- Brush tops with milk and bake in a preheated oven at 220c 425f gas mark 7 for 20 minutes.