Mini carrot cakes
2 large eggs
2 x 5ml cinnamon
2 x 5ml baking powder
For the icing
1 small orange
250g icing sugar
Chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, grater, measuring spoons, weighing scales, small bowl, mixing bowl , wooden spoon, sieve, muffin tray, 12 muffin cases, 2 large metal spoons, juicer.
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC or gas mark 6.
2. Melt the margarine in the microwave.
3. Top and tail, and then peel and grate the carrots.
4. Combine the carrots, sugar and margarine in the mixing bowl.
5. Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
6. Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and then add to the mixture.
7. Mix in the sultanas and nuts.
8. Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases, using the two metal spoons.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.
10. To make the icing: grate zest, add to the margarine, add icing sugar and mix.
11. Cut orange in half and squeeze juice. Add 2 tbsp of juice to icing and mix until smooth (not runny)
12. when cakes are cool smooth icing on top of each cake.