Sometime you just don't have enough time to make a yeasted pizza base, so when I'm feeling the need for pizza but want it quick. This is the recipe I go to.
You will need:
- 150g Gluten free self-raising flour
- 25g margarine
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- 25g tomato puree
- 50g cheese, grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1x5ml spoon dried herbs
- Optional toppings: tomato, mushroom, sweet corn, pineapple, pepper, tuna, salami, ham etc.
Baking tray, sieve, mixing bowl, 5ml spoon, weighing scales, rolling pin, palette knife, grater, pastry brush, flour dredger, cooling rack, sharp knife and chopping board.
1. Preheat oven to 200C, gas mark 6, and grease a baking tray.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl.
3. Rub the margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Whisk the egg and milk together.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour. Mix to form a soft dough.
6. Roll out the dough to form a circle.
7. Transfer to the baking tray.
8. Spread the tomato puree over the base.
9. Arrange the onion and other toppings on top.
10. Sprinkle the cheese and herbs on top.
11. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden.