Dutch apple cake
100g caster sugar
100g soft margarine
100g self raising flour
1 x 5ml spoon baking powder
1 eating apple
1 x 5ml spoon cinnamon
1 x 5ml spoon demerara sugar,
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC or gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line the baking tin
3. Cream the sugar and margarine together until light and fluffy.
4. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
5. Add the beaten egg, a little at a time, to the margarine and sugar.
6. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl,
7. Fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture, a spoonful at a time.
8. Spread the mixture in the cake tin
9. Core the apple and slice thinly.
10. Arrange the apple slices over the cake mix, then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top.
11. Place in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to the touch.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.