Marble pear tray bake
100g caster sugar
100g soft margarine
100g self raising flour
1 x 15ml spoon cocoa powder
1 x 5ml spoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC or gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line the baking tin
3. Cream the sugar and margarine together until light and fluffy.
4. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
5. Add the beaten egg, a little at a time, to the margarine and sugar.
6. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
7. Fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture, a spoonful at a time.
8. Core and chop the pear into small pieces. Scatter pieces of pear into the lined cake tin.
9. Spoon half of the plain cake mixture into the tin.
10. Stir-in the cocoa to the remaining cake mixture.
11. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the baking tin and then swirl the two mixtures together to create a marble effect.
12. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to the touch.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.