100 g Hard margarine
cold water to mix, about 30 ml (approx. 2 tbsp.)
100g dark chocolate
100g soft butter
175g light muscovado sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g plain flour,
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Mix flour and salt in basin, rub in fat.
3. Using a knife to cut and stir, mix with cold water to form a stiff dough.
4. Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead lightly.
5. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface a little thinner than a £1 coin.
6. Stamp out 12 circles about 8cm wide, keeping all the trimmings.
7. Use the circles to line a 12-hole, non-stick bun tin.
8. For the filling, melt the dark chocolate.
9. Cream the butter and light muscovado sugar with a wooden spoon.
10. Gradually add the lightly beaten eggs.
11. Tip in the plain flour and the slightly cooled melted chocolate. Mix until combined.
12. Put a spoonful of the filling into each pastry case. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave the pies to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.