1kg Butternut squash
1 red onion
1litre of vegetable stock
1tsp korma curry powder
2 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200c gas mark 6.
- Peel the carrots and cut into chunks.
- Slice the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place in a roasting dish with the carrots and coat with a tablespoon of oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes until tender.
- Peel and chop the onion and fry in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Stir in the curry powder and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Scrape out the butternut squash flesh from the skin. Be careful as it may be quite hot.
- Add this flesh and the carrots to the onions.
- Stir to coat with the spices.
- Add the litre of stock and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- For a really silky texture pass through a sieve.
- Serve with crusty ciabatta bread.