All the flavours of Autumn com together in this most delicious of tray bakes. I just love apple and cinnamon and when you add maple syrup icing you are on to a winner.
|Apple, maple and cinnamon tray bake recipe|
Apple, maple and cinnamon tray bake recipe
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 175 ml milk
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eating apples, chopped
- For the icing
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180c gas mark 4
- Line a baking tray.
- Put the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In a jug mix together the egg, milk, oil and maple syrup.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and stir in the liquid, mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped apple.
- Spoon into the tray and level.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Once cool make the icing by mixing the maple syrup and icing sugar.
- Drizzle over the tray bake and allow to set before cutting.