|Pomegranate Vodka recipe|
- Makes 500ml.
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pomegranate
- 500ml vodka.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate by cutting in half and whilst holding it over a bowl hit it on the back with a spoon. The seeds will fall out and you just have to check through that none of the pith has fallen in the bowl. If it has pick it out.
- Place the vodka, sugar, vanilla and the pomegranate seeds in a large jar with a seal able lid.
- Shake well.
- Leave the jar somewhere cool and dark and shake once a week until all the sugar is dissolved and the color has bleached from the seeds.
- Drain through a sieve or jelly bag to remove the seeds and discard.
- Pour the vodka into a new clean bottle and seal.