Click on the read more link for the recipe.
Cauliflower cheese soup.
Serves 4 for lunch
- knob of butter
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 450g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 350ml vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 200ml milk
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins.
- Then add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the cauliflower and potato are soft.
- Press with a potato masher until you get a creamy, thick soup.
- Stir in the grated cheese, just before serving.