If I could I would eat breakfast all day long and sometimes when the kids are at school I sometimes do. Cereal is my go to choice closely followed by toast. Being a coeliac hasn’t stopped me either and I regularly munch on a big bowl full of granola in the mornings.
I was asked by Breakfast by Bella
recently if I would like to review their new Granola. Well I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try something new in my bowl. When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised, three great flavours to choose from none of which I had eaten before.
So my first choice was Peanut butter me up, I went for it layered with sliced banana, Natural yoghurt and just a drizzle of maple syrup. It wasn’t quite as peanut buttery as I was expecting, but I did enjoy eating the skins on peanuts. Not something you find in granola much.
You’ve got to admit that looks great doesn’t it! Granola’s not just for breakfast you know and I thought the cacao crazy was just perfect for a quick midweek crumble. All I did was cook some ripe pears in 25g of butter and a table spoon of soft dark brown sugar for 10 minutes, then topped with a spoonful of granola on each portion. Super tasty and super moreish. The kids loved the chocolaty flavour. I’ll have to hide the rest I think!
Finally, this has got to be one of my favourite ways to eat granola. Perfect for lunch boxes or grabbing if you need breakfast on the run. Super simple to make and you are bound to have the ingredients in your cupboard.
- 85g Margarine
- 50g brown sugar
- 2tbsp honey
- 225g Granola, I went with Nutty nosh for this
- 1 banana
1. Heat the oven to 190c gas mark 5
2. Melt the margarine, sugar and honey in a saucepan over a low heat
3. In a mixing bowl mash the bananas,
4. Add all the granola and mix
5. Pour in the sugar mixture and mix until everything is incorporated
6. Press into a lined baking tray and bake for 20 -25 minutes until you see the edges of the granola bars starting to go a dark golden brown.
7. Leave to cool and cut into bars.
8. Keeps for two days in an airtight container.
My verdict on the granola by Breakfast by Bella.
They were all great granola’s not a dud in the batch but my absolute favourite by far was cacao crazy. I could see myself happily eating that for days on end.
I was sent the sample packs of granola from Breakfast By Bella in exchange for my honest review. You can view my advertising and disclosure policy here.
Like this? You’ll love
Coconut Christmas slice recipe
Gluten free lemon and poppy seed cake recipe
Peanut butter cookies recipe