These are a great recipe for getting some extra vegetables into your children. The chocolate taste hides the courgette and they are wonderfully light and moist.
Here is the recipe for the muffins:
- 225g grated courgette
- 175g gluten free self raising flour
- 25g gluten free cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 100g margarine
- 75g sugar
- 180c gas mark 4
- 12 muffin cases
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in the beat and grated courgette
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder and lightly fold into the mixture
- Divide into muffin cases and bake for 30 mins until they spring back to the touch.
A moist chocolate muffin that doesn’t taste of courgette.
Don’t let the decoration put you off. That’s what happens when you let your little boy free with the icing pens.