|Easy chocolate cake recipe.|
Given to me by a friend at school after she made it for cake club. Fantastic chocolate cake with store cupboard ingredients, no need to go out and buy chocolate bars to make it.
Easy chocolate cake recipe.
1 tbsp gluten free cocoa powder
2 tbsp hot water
100g caster sugar
100g gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g gluten free cocoa powder
3 tbsp milk
100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c gas mark 4
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Mix cocoa powder with hot water in a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- Add all the other cake ingredients and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes until springy on the top.
- Turn out and leave to cool
- Make the icing: Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the cocoa.
- Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the milk and the icing sugar.
- Beat well and leave to cool until thick enough to spread on the top of the cake.