|Recipe for Almond biscuits|
A good recipe if, like me you are left with a half opened bag of ground almonds after Christmas. They never keep, so a light crisp biscuit recipe is a great way to use them up.
175g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180c gas mark 4.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and rub in the margarine.
- Add the almond essence and mix well, bringing the dough together with your hands.
- The mixture may well be quite sticky, so flour the surface well before rolling out.
- Roll out thinly and cut 12 circles.
- Place onto two baking trays
- Push a blanched almond into the center of each one.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly brown on the edges.