I love blueberries but find them expensive to buy fresh, this is a great recipe for using frozen blueberries (which are much cheaper to buy) and you don’t even have to defrost them!
Recipe for Blueberry bread and butter pudding
12 slices of white bread with the crusts cut off
85g frozen blueberries
125g demerara sugar
150ml double cream
- Spread each slice of bread with margarine.
- Cut the slices diagonally and arrange half overlapping in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, margarine side down.
- Sprinkle over half the sugar and the frozen blueberries.
- Top with the remaining triangles of bread, margarine side up.
- Beat the eggs, milk and cream together and pour over the bread.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the sugar.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for about an hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180c gas mark 4 for 40 minutes until set and golden brown.