|vegetarian ‘bacon’ and egg pie|
Recipe for vegetarian ‘bacon’ and egg pie
225g short crust pastry – either home made or shop bought
1 packet quorn bacon rashers
salt and pepper
pinch of mixed herbs
milk to glaze
- Preheat oven to 190c gas mark 5.
- Line pie plate with grease proof paper
- Split pastry into two and roll out one half to line the plate
- Grill bacon according to packets instructions.
- Beat eggs and add chopped cooled bacon, salt and pepper and mixed herbs.
- Pour mix into pastry and cover with second half to seal the pie.
- Cut a hole in the center to allow steam to escape
- Brush with milk
- Bake for 35-40 minutes