|Sweet Saturday # 19 – Jam tart recipe|
To make 12 jam tarts you will need:
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g margarine
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 6 tsp jam
- 6 tsp lemon curd
- Preheat your oven to 200c gas mark 6
- To make the pastry rub in the margarine into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs. Then slowly add the cold water, you may not need all of it. Mix with a round bladed knife until the pastry starts to clump together.
- Then form into a ball and roll out.
- Use a cutter slightly larger than the holes in the patty tin to cut 12 circles. You will have to re-roll the pastry to do this.
- Then line the 12 holes in the patty tin.
- Place a tea spoon of jam or lemon curd into each well and bake for 15 minutes until the pastry is golden on the edges.
- If you wish you can top up the jam tarts with extra jam once they have come out of the oven.