I love these delicate fancy cakes and what’s not to love. Pastry? Check. Cake? Check. Jam? Check. Buttercream? Check. Need I say anymore….
|Sweet Saturday # 20 – Oysters cake recipe|
- 175g shortcrust pastry
- 65g margarine
- 65g caster sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 25g plain flour
- 1 egg
- few drops almond essence
- butter cream icing
- Preheat the oven to 190c gas mark 5.
- Roll out pastry and use to line twelve patty tins.
- Cream the margarine and sugar, stir in the almonds, flour, egg and essence.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into each case and bake for 20 minutes
- When cool, remove the center and fill the case with jam and then a blob of butter cream icing then replace the top.