|Tasty Thursday – blueberry crumble cake recipe|
I love blueberries, they have the perfect balance of sharp and sweet for me. When they melt into jam in the crumble cake they are the perfect balance to the crunchy texture of the topping. Pudding perfection if you ask me, but then you’ll just have to try it and see.
You will need:
170g caster sugar,
225g gluten free self raising flour (I like doves)
For the crumble:
45g gluten free plain flour,
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon,
- Preheat oven to 190c gas mark 5. Grease a square 23cm baking tin.
- Cream the margarine and sugar, add the egg and beat. Add the milk and mix until blended.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the blueberries and stir.
- Transfer to the baking tin.
- To make the crumble, put the sugar, flour, cinnamon and margarine in a mixing bowl and rub in until the mix looks like bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cake mix and bake for 45 minutes.
- Great served warm or cold.