|Tasty Thursday – chocolate and cherry tiffin recipe|
A very rich, very chocolaty treat. Be careful though it can be crumbly and trodden in chocolate is not what you want on your carpets. I speak from experience.
You will need:
225g digestive biscuits (graham crackers), crushed
100g dried cherries
3 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp golden syrup
225g plain chocolate
- Tip the crushed biscuits and the cherries into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and golden syrup over a low heat in a saucepan. Once melted combine the butter mixture with the biscuits in the mixing bowl.
- Press the mixture into a 8” square tin and leave to cool.
- Once cool, melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water, then spread it over the top of the biscuit mixture.
- When set cut into squares using a sharp knife.