I love Black work! I am always amazed how many different looks you can achieve with just one colour of thread. I have been wanting to do more and when looking for inspiration I came across some great sites and thought that I should share.
1. For an amazing take on black work. Take a look at Backstitch’s blog where there is some great inspiration for using black work to shade objects. The Sphere is definitely my favourite and reminds me of graphics lessons at school.
2. I know I just said about the beautiful effects you can get with just one colour but I just had to share Ristina’s work which is just stunning.
3.For something a bit different. Why not try combining Black work stitch with other materials like doe-c-doe does on her beautiful black work and red buttons design. I love the simple colour scheme and the elegant floral look about it. She also provides the pattern so you can have a go yourself.
4. When I was looking for Black work inspiration I was drawn to the more unusual uses for black work and this is definitely one. It is such a novel way to decorate a snails shell and it makes a simple garden creature a star!
5. For a great free pattern to get you started in the art of Black work try the Making spot which has a Free Black work strawberry pattern.
6. For a free pattern that’s a good place to start as it’s fairly simple, try looking at Hub pages Free Valentine’s Black work heart pattern.
7. Or if you are a little more experienced in black work or just fancy more of a challenge try &stitches for their Black work hearts.
8. If you want to buy some beautiful black work then look no further than Cherrie Wheeler designs on Etsy
I just love the rabbits!
9. Or this wonderful deer design using negative space by Maria Dryden
10. Finally if you haven’t already visited my Etsy shop I have a great Christmas Black work design available.