I am not the biggest fan of dried fruit it has to be said. Yet at this time of year they seem to pop up in all sorts of recipes. You can’t help bumping into them when you start doing your Christmas baking. Cranberries however I do like and these Cranberry muffins with a warming hint of cinnamon are just the thing to start off your festive baking.
|Christmas Cranberry Muffin recipe|
Cranberry muffin recipe. Makes 12
You will need:
275g self raising flour
75g dark brown soft sugar
50g caster sugar
150ml vegetable oil
150g sweetened dried cranberries
sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/ gas mark 4.
2. Line a muffin tin.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugars and cinnamon.
3. In a jug whisk the milk, oil and egg together.
4. Pour in the wet ingredients into the dry and quickly mic until just combined.
5. Stir in the dried cranberries.
6. Divide the mixture equally between the cases and top each with a sprinkling of sugar.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.