|Gypsy tart recipe|
You will also need a 21cm tart tin
- To make the pasty rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips until the mixture looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Beat the egg and then add slowly until the mixture comes together. (You may not need all of the egg).
- Knead lightly on a floured surface and then wrap and chill for half and hour.
- Heat the oven to 160c gas mark 3.
- Roll out the pastry and line the tart tin.
- Cover the pastry with baking paper and baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and bake for another 10 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Whisk the milk and sugar on high for 15 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Pour the milk mix into the baked flan tin and cook for another 15 minutes until risen and the middle is set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before slicing.
|Gypsy tart recipe