100g cous cous
150ml hot Vegetable stock
25g chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1tsp dried mint
seeds of one pomegranate
4 spring onions, chopped
75g toasted pine nuts
50g dried cranberries
2 carrots, grated
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tin of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
For the dressing
50ml olive oil
juice and zest of one lemon
1 tsp honey
- Place the cous cous in a bowl and pour over the hot stock. Leave to stand until it has absorbed all the stock, then fluff up with a fork.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, oil and honey until combined.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and place them in your serving dish.
- Mix in the warm cous cous and mix until combined.
- Pour over the dressing, mix well and add any additional seasoning you require.
- Serve with houmous and pittas.