I always seem to have a bag of dried cranberries left over after Christmas. The kids will happily have them as a snack but as ever I wanted to use them to bake with.
These Cranberry muffins are not over-sweet and the fruit stays moist in the muffin mix perfect for a weekend breakfast treat or in the school lunchbox.
Cranberry Muffins Makes 12
- 275g gluten free self raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 170g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c gas mark 4
- Line a 12 case muffin tin
- Mix the flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk, oil and egg in a jug.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Fill the muffin cases and bake for 18 -20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, before removing and allowing to cool on a wire rack.