A great simple tea time treat for Gluten free baking lovers.
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g Gluten free self raising flour mix. (I use Doves)
- 100g Stork Baking Margarine
- 100g Caster sugar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp of poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp of Lemon curd for the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 180c gas mark 4
- Grease and line two 7” sandwich tins
- Cream the sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs until well mixed.
- Gently fold in the flour.
- Stir in the juice and zest of the lemon.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Divide the mixture between the two tins and level.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool sandwich together with the lemon curd.