These muffins are the perfect treat for afternoon cravings or if you are feeling really naughty served warm with butter on makes a great weekend breakfast.
You will need:
- 55g Baking margarine
- 1 egg
- 100g sugar
- 125ml apple juice
- 140g gluten free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 dessert apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 55g walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c gas mark 4. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases
- Melt the margarine.
- Whisk the egg and add the sugar, apple juice and melted margarine and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Stir in the chopped apple and walnuts. Do not over mix.
- Fill the paper cases evenly and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Like this? You’ll love