Summer time is smoothie time for me and the kids. I am a smoothie fan all year round, but can find it hard to tempt the kids with any of the green smoothies I like for a boost in the colder months. However as soon as the abundance of summer fruit starts to arrive they love to start their day with one.
Pink banana smoothie is currently one of our favourites. Creamy, beautifully pink so the youngest loves it and like a glass full of summer energy a great way to begin the day.
To make the Pink Banana Smoothie you will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 Strawberries at room temperature for maximum flavour
- 150ml chilled apple juice.
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Add them to the smoothie maker jug.
- Peel and slice the bananas and add to the jug.
- Measure the apple juice and add.
- Blitz for a couple of minutes until thick, pink and creamy.
- Serve straight away.
For really hot days try using frozen strawberries to keep the smoothie really cold and add a tablespoon of maple syrup to increase the sweetness.
Or for an extra hearty smoothie, when you don’t have time to sit down for breakfast. Add a handful of gluten free porridge oats for slow release energy throughout the morning.
Have you got a good smoothie recipe? Please share them below.