Wow, where did August go? After the slow drag of the first week of the summer holidays. Suddenly we hit our groove go into relaxing and now it’s back to school! I can’t believe it. It’s all change her at Craft with Cartwright as I will be trying to run this, teach, be a mum and wife and to top it all off, we’ve just embarked on our newest challenge of restoring a vintage Bailey caravan to hire out as a wedding photo booth. Lets see how the August stats went down.
Views 8708. I am really pleased with this considering it’s been the holidays and I’ve only worked on my blog for two hours a day max. Again I have run a fair few giveaways so this is the main part of my traffic.
Twitter followers 4335 up 263 this month. Not such good growth as last month, but I’m still really pleased it’s in the upwards direction.
Pinterest followers 1247 up 100 This is great since this still remains my least worked at platform. I am slowly getting better at my descriptions and the pics that I choose to pin, so this is obviously having a positive impact.
Facebook likes 434 up 65 Facebook is picking up for me and I am actively spending more time in blogging facebook groups.
Instagram followers 1346 up 165 so very pleased with this. I have been absolutely rubbish at posting this month.
HIBS 100 ranking 324 down 56
TOTS 100 ranking 804 down 294 I didn’t expect to see an improvement with the summer holidays but this is shocking 🙁
Unsurprisingly my top three posts were ones that included a giveaway
Songomics ottoman giveaway
Grace foods, Men’s society, Dandelion Interiors, Songmics, Specspost, Jamberry and Lapasa
I also continued my work as brand ambassador for Breakfast by Bella, YippieYo and Superwings.
I have run three giveaways this month, they really do generate alot of traffic but I have been working hard on the promotion of them as well.
My August goals were:
- To try and maintain my following on all social media I’ve achieved this and made some good progress in growing my following
- To blog once a week I did much better than this posting roughly every other day.
My September goals are
- To regularly post three times a week and stick to my rough plan of recipe posts Monday, Creative corner Interviews Wednesday, Review Posts Friday. This way I can hopefully manage it when I go back to teaching in September!
- To post on Instagram more regularly and again stick to a plan of every other day.
- Look into sorting out optin’s for my blog
- Continue to SEO old posts, not very glamorous but needs doing.