Why should Children have all the fun at Halloween? I must admit I do love Halloween. I find it a great excuse to have a party, dress up and eat some great food. Yet, all my parties these days are very Children focused. Now the boys are getting older, it might be the time to have a party just for the grown ups!
7 great Halloween Party ideas for Grown ups
I’ve been inspired by the Halloween Pack provided by Festive Lights. To give you seven great ideas that will rock your grown ups Halloween party.
1. There seems to be no pumpkin shortage this year. So go to town with pumpkins. Just having a big pile of them can be enough to create a great Halloween look. Or you could try a pumpkin carving competition. But perhaps that should happen before any drinking.
2. Candles add great atmosphere and look great when allowed to burn down awhile and leave dripping wax. Stick them in old wine bottles and burn for a few hours before the party to achieve this look.
Or if you want to avoid the hazard of open flames and drunk guests you can pick up some battery powered ones.
I’m sorry but you can’t have a Halloween party without dressing up. I have even managed to convince hubby to do this and he hates dressing up.
Struggling for ideas?
3. A simple look is to be a corpse. All you need is black and white face paint and you can be the corpse of your choice. Office corpse, footballer corpse or my favourite a corpse bride.
4. You can even have a go at making your own mini corpse bride bouquet, with my handy tutorial.
5. Great drinks. Every grown ups Halloween party. Needs to have some great cocktails. Go to town and be creative with the theme. Check out my Pinterest board for some good starting points.
Halloween party food.
6. To soak up all the booooze you need some good food. I’ve previously posted some great ideas for Halloween Party food. Although for kids originally they could be updated for more grown up tastes. Jello shots with gummy worms. Booze in the graveyard trifle.
7. Finally once everyone has had admired each others costumes, had their fill of cake and cocktails. You need to entertain your guests. My favourite suggestion from the party pack is to play the mummy game which involves wrapping someone in loo roll quickly. Inexpensive and great fun. The loo roll will probably come in handy later, for cleaning up too!
For other great Halloween party ideas check out this Halloween pack from Festive Lights.